Did you know there are only 50 days til Christmas? Sounds like a lot, but it will sneak up on you! So get one thing out of the way and purchase the Gingerbread House kit that you’ve been thinking about RIGHT NOW! Yep, click on the button below and you can have your gingerbread house/s on their way to you within minutes.
Yes, we know you could buy these in other places and it may cost you less. But let’s just go through the Pros and Cons of supporting our Gingerbread House Fundraiser –
- You are supporting an Australian owned and run small business, based in the Blue Mountains of NSW – and not buying from a large multinational and lining the pockets of German or Swiss family business
- You are receiving a product in compostable film and a box to reduce plastic contribution to landfill
- You are supporting an ethical business – don’t believe me? Check out the Gingerbread Folk Website (but don’t buy there, buy through our link!)
But more importantly, you are also supporting the Zonta Club of Sydney and our projects, which in turn work to improve the status of women. Each kit you generously purchase provides our club with $13 – and with that $13 we could
- Pack two birthing kits from Birthing Kit Foundation Australia
- Provide three breast cushions to women who have had breast surgery
- Support our educational awards and scholarships, including Young Women in Public Affairs, Elisabeth Todd Memorial Award, UTS MBA prize, UTS Nursing and Midwifery award, Young Indigenous Women Achievement Award, JM Klausman Business Scholarship, Women’s College STEM award and more
- Provide assistance to women exiting the criminal justice system as part of our Keeping Women out of Prison project
- Work to End Child Marriage as part of Zonta International projects
- Nope, can’t think of any. Oh maybe your waistline might protest – but it’s Christmas!
With so many reasons to buy, we hope you might consider sending extra kits to friends and family as gifts, or to hold your very own Gingerbread House construction competition.
Don’t forget to post up pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook and tag our page – @ZontaSydney on Instagram or Zonta Club of Sydney on Facebook. And use the hashtag #zontagingerbread