This year has been a difficult one for so many people and for so many reasons, and like many organisations the Zonta Club of Sydney has had limited opportunities to raise vital funds for our projects. And so this year, we are trying something a little different – Gingerbread Houses!
Lots of fun for kids, group events, work bonding and everything in between, by purchasing kits to decorate your own gingerbread house from our fundraising site you are helping us provide ongoing support and services to important projects including:
- The Keeping Women out of Prison project (KWooP) including providing an annual award/stipend to a woman affected by the criminal justice system in order for her to be able to undertake studies or improve employment prospects, as well as providing release bags which are given to women on exiting prison to provide essentials
- Making breast cushions to be supplied to women who have undergone breast surgery in a number of hospitals across Sydney
- Packing birthing kits with the Birthing Kit Foundation Australia to support women giving birth in developing countries or where access to medical care is limited
- Providing educational scholarships for women in a diverse array of subjects including business, nursing, STEM, IT and music
- Provide awards to Young Women in Public Affairs and an Achievement Award for Young Indigenous Women
- Supporting Zonta International Programs including programs to End Child Marriage
To purchase your kits, simply click on the button below and you will go directly to our club sales site. Cost is $39.99 per kit, and there are traditional gingerbread, chocolate or gluten free options available. Lollies can also be purchased for decorating. The kits will be mailed directly to you or to your chosen recipient – no fuss, just fun!
We want to thank all our wonderful supporters and wish everyone a wonderful Christmas, let’s hope that restrictions can be eased so families and friends can be together again.
And to share your fun, once you have decorated your gingerbread house feel free to post it on Instagram and tag us (@ZontaSydney) and use #zontagingerbread or on Facebook #zontagingerbread or post to our page and we can share the results.